Saturday, January 16, 2016

Pleading the Fifth


My husband often quotes an ex-boss of his from years ago, at least I think that's who it was, who kept a note pinned to her bulletin board that read, "Never explain, never complain." I'm not sure why she had that, and since Mitch is still sleeping I can't ask, but it seems like a great plan for life.

Imagine how simple things could be if that were your guiding philosophy. No more excuses, real or fictional, about why you won't be attending or how that vase got broken or how come you never called back like you promised. Just go about your business and that's that. Sounds heavenly. As for the complaining part -- stop it. When things don't go your way, just move on. Few people care anyway, except maybe your mommy and by now she's likely dead or suffering from dementia.

Still, I have to say one last time before I start this new approach that when I order soup in a restaurant, and this also applies to chili, having specifically asked for it to be hot (in temperature, not in spiciness) and it arrives and is lukewarm at best, that sucks.  I hate that. People I'm with always ask why it's such a big deal to me, but now I won't have to go into that.

1 comment:

  1. If life could only be that simple..But the complainers never stop and the explainers well that is another story..

    ReplyDelete

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...