Monday, December 14, 2015

Trump Trumps Fat, Sexy Gore

Wanting to write a post that will attract more readers than any I have ever written, I studied my blog's statistics to learn which topics have grabbed the attention of the most people over the last seven years. Despite more serious posts about health issues, the afterlife, meditation and the obvious dumbing-down of society, several of my least intellectual posts bubbled to the surface immediately. As the year winds down, I present you with an end-of-the-year summation of your favorite topics. To make it more fun (for me) even though it might be more confusing (for you), I will accomplish this feat in one sentence:

For most of the population, being grossly overweight surpasses both death and ISIS (including death caused by ISIS) as everyone's #1 fear, making it the story with the highest click rate, especially when accompanied by unflattering photos of the grotesquely obese, followed in no particular order by gory details of sensational and ultra-bloody murders committed by attractive young women, goofy put-downs of President Obama's big ears, harsh criticism of Hillary Clinton's cankles, anything that smacks of racism or mentions Al Sharpton, celebrity scandals involving sexual identity, transgender surgery or the Kardashians, any and all movie reviews, and most of all, lately, the teeniest, tiniest hint of a possible mention of Donald Trump doing anything at all.

Al Gore gets no clicks, although "climate change" and "the Internet" do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...