Monday, December 14, 2015

Don't Get Mad

Not to bum you out, but this could be the last one of my blog posts you ever read. I could die before I write the next one. Better yet, you could. With that in mind I'm trying to think of what wisdom I can share from living on Earth all these years, at least this time around. There must be something that I know that nobody else knows. There has to be, since we are each unique and have very different life experiences.

Okay, here's something. Earlier today I had an odd thing happen, and what made it odd was that it happened three times in a row, bam, bam, bam, within about two minutes total. I was just about to park my car at my local supermarket when a woman in a grey van sped up and cut me off, taking the very spot I was about to enter. "Huh," I thought, "that was weird. Oh well," I continued thinking, "maybe she has to pee and needs to get inside fast."

Then I spied another spot right nearby, and I was perfectly aimed for it and started right for it when a guy in a maroon sedan floored it and got there first. "What the heck?" I thought, chalking it up to the Christmas season. So then I drove around and there was someone pulling out of a spot and I put on my blinker and waited as the guy pulled out, when a blue truck on the other side of him who had just arrived on the scene slid right in.

That did it. I was pissed. I started screaming obscenities into the air, yes the F-word if you must know, and I could feel my blood pressure rising with my anger. And even though I got really mad, it didn't get me a parking spot.

Eventually I found one. But I understood two things very clearly: A, many people in Maine are oblivious and B, getting angry does nothing to alter one's circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...