Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Donald vs. The Barry

The Political Establishment thinks it's so smart. It thinks it knows everything. It conducts daily, sometimes hourly, polls and then proclaims "reality" based on that particular poppycock. But it doesn't really know everything. For example, it doesn't know what I think since I have never been included in any poll. So here's what I think.

Stupid (I'm betting fat) nobodies sit at home on their sagging butts on their sagging couches in front of their computers and mouth off online about Donald Trump being an asshole. Being stupid. Being a jerk. Being a hideous person. And those are the compliments.

I have never met the man so I can't speak from personal experience, but what I do know from reading about him is that he has been extremely successful at Life. He is exactly my age (actually ten days younger) but far more accomplished. He is fabulously wealthy, has a beautiful wife and raised five great children who all seem to adore him. He has seven grandchildren. He doesn't smoke or drink or do drugs, and claims to love the Bible, as if that matters but I guess it does to some people. (I've never read it.)

He has written and had seventeen books published. He had his own TV show which was quite popular I've been told. He has a great sense of humor. He hates Rosie O'Donnell, and for that he gets extra points.

I wish those nobodies sitting at home with their bags of Fritos and their Bud Lites would critique the current occupant of the White House and tell me why he's any better. I'd love to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...