Friday, October 16, 2015

Movies I Missed

Even though I started out life just like everyone else, I have ended up different in ways that keep me from truly understanding what the heck is going on much of the time. I have often wondered why this is the case, and suddenly it came to me: I missed too many of those big movies that come along every so often and unite everyone. Naturally I never get the inside jokes or references from these films that so many people share. This may be my whole problem! This is an exciting thought, and I am considering watching all of them over the next few weeks and seeing if maybe then I like Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Following is a list of the films that got by me. Sure, I've seen snippets and trailers and I know who starred in what and sort of what they're about, but really, I have no idea what happened. How about you--are you in the loop?

Risky Business
Forrest Gump
Citizen Kane
Grease
Pretty Woman
The Dark Knight
Funny Girl
Brokeback Mountain 
The Color Purple
Halloween
Any Star Wars movie
Any Harry Potter movie
Lawrence of Arabia
The Exorcist
Braveheart
The Shawshank Redemption
Reservoir Dogs
Any Lord of the Rings movie
Saving Private Ryan
National Lampoon
A Clockwork Orange
The Deer Hunter
Flashdance
Last Tango in Paris
High Noon
Any Hobbit movie
Animal House
Casablanca

1 comment:

  1. Re: not understanding what's going on much of the time.
    Welcome my friend. In
    my case I would say "most of the time".
    Same is true of "being in the loop" (NOT)
    I recognize each of the movie names, but haven't seen so much as one of them. I think it all stems from a longtime attitude that I would wait till they were shown on TV.
    Not sure where that came from. Perhaps my
    parents.-S.W.

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...