Monday, October 19, 2015

It Wasn't Me

Fortunately these do not go off by themselves.
Things are bad all over. War, typhoons and mudslides are all bad. But even worse: A six-year-old boy in Chicago shot and killed his three-year-old brother "by mistake." What was the mistake? Was he really going for his mother and missed? The gun was said to have been on top of the refrigerator. It belonged to the father, a gang member.
Whose fault was this? I wonder, could it have been my fault? Certainly the lefty witch Rachel Maddow could spin it that way, and probably will.

I am now well into my sixth decade on this planet and have never held a gun. I've never even seen one up close. There was never a gun on top of our refrigerator when I was six, or any age. But then, my father was never a gang member, unless you count his Thursday night bowling league.

Taking responsibility for one's actions instead of looking around for who else to blame -- the NRA, Republicans, George W. Bush -- would change so many things. Try it. Start within your own family. (I hope my husband reads this.)

1 comment:

  1. she says i blame her for everything. I blame her for thinking that.

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...