Thursday, September 10, 2015

Words With Jewish Friends

Say what you will about the boisterous Donald Trump, he's incredibly energetic and enthusiastic, certainly in comparison to that sleepy Disney cartoon we now have flying around representing us to foreign leaders. As Trump shouted at a rally in Washington D.C. yesterday afternoon, if we elect him as president, "We will stop being losers and will start winning. We will win so much," he continued, "we will get bored with winning." He underscored this prophesy with the promise, "We will start winning bigly." But come on -- is bigly even a legitimate word?

I checked it out and it is. I was stunned. Never in my long life had I ever heard anyone use it. Still, it's apparently acceptable in common parlance, and most importantly to me, on the popular game Words With Friends, the only place I really care if words are acceptable or not. Acceptable words are funny things. Just groups of letters strung together, yet some are deemed bad and some are deemed good.

We all know the Ones We Cannot Say, led by the great and powerful "N-Word." White people may not even whisper that word, although black people may sing it, rap it, shout it, wear it and use it as a mantra for all I know. Fine by me, I have no need for it, and it certainly won't fly in a game of Words With Friends where they maintain very high standards. For example, FAG is not permitted even though it has quite a few meanings, some quite colorful, besides the one they don't like. But here's what bugs me: SHEENIE is allowed. The given definition on the website is "disparaging and offensive slang for a Jew." GOY is also allowed, the given definition being, "a disparaging term used by a Jew by someone who is not Jewish."

Go figure.

1 comment:

  1. My gripe is they won't take ADE! Never used a lemon or a lime for an ade?!

    ReplyDelete

My Challenge to Katie Couric

Perky though she may be, or may have been in her younger days when she was paid to be, Katie Couric is no brainiac. Calling half of America ...