Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Third World Problems in a First World Bedroom

I am aghast, appalled and downright disgusted. I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure we have bedbugs. In our bed. In our bed that cost more money than a bed should cost, owing to the fact that my husband and I place a high value on being able to walk without pain when we get up in the morning. Which we do, thank you. But lately, I have been waking up with many, many red dots that itch. Not mosquitoes, I checked and it looks like, yup, I already said it and will not say it again.

I blame my husband, world traveler that he is. No, actually I blame Andy, his boss. According to the bedbug website I read, the VERY FIRST cause of bedbugs is STAYING IN HOTELS and letting the little critters get in your LUGGAGE, then UNPACKING ON YOUR BED. Mitch does this EVERY WEEK, sometimes TWICE A WEEK.

I can't say anymore, I have to go soak in oatmeal and then fumigate my bedroom. If Mitch asks if he can stay at your place for awhile, you'll say no if you know what's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...