Thursday, June 11, 2015

Tired of the Stupid

That's it, I'm through. Today I went to have a procedure I won't go into because I didn't have it, although I spent an hour and a half in the doctor's office leading up to getting it, and had many drops put in my eyes to dilate them wildly and for the rest of the day, requiring my son to take off from work to drive me there and home again, and had bright runway lights shined in my eyes, and several kinds of examinations, asking me to blink twice, now hold still and open wide, and look over here, and more drops for numbing, and more lights, and another kind of exam and a pressure test and now we're ready but hey, wait a minute.....oops, you don't really have what we thought you had. So never mind, come back in six months you might have it then, and would you like to schedule that appointment today, is morning or afternoon better for you?

From now on it's acupuncture, sweat lodges, herbal teas, eating dandelions, voodoo, whatever, but not any of those dummies with framed diplomas from medical schools hanging on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...