Sunday, June 7, 2015

This Does Not Count as a Vegetable

Since everyone now thinks I am the meanest person on the planet because I wrote a negative review of a revered local restaurant, I will do something nice to redeem myself and share my secret recipe for the World's Best Carrot Cake. I have been baking it since 1974, when I got it from the mother of a dear friend. It is truly fantastic! I made one today for my nephew's graduation party (it serves a big crowd) and it got rave reviews, as always. This is because it tastes delicious, which is what food, especially dessert, is supposed to do, certainly in order to get rave reviews. They should try it at Hugo's in Portland; they sure could use something tasty on their menu.

Mrs. Vick's Carrot Cake
1.5 cups corn oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp.vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 cup shredded coconut
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 small can crushed pineapple

Mix all dry ingredients together. Whisk together eggs, vanilla and corn oil and combine with dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients.
Bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan for one hour at 350 degrees.

Frosting:
8 ounce package Philadelphia brand cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar

Blend with electric mixer if you have one; if not, do it by hand -- but no lumps!
Allow cake to cool completely before frosting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Big in Hong Kong

Rainy day in Hong Kong I have never been to Hong Kong, nor have I ever wanted to go. It seems very crowded, at least from all the photos I&#...