Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Ordinary People

I have not yet changed my gender and don't plan to. I have never lost any limbs to sharks and gone on to live an exemplary life. I have not been held captive in a basement by a madman for years and lived to tell the tale on "The View." I was not sexually abused by a priest as a child, or in fact by anyone, at any age. I've always had a roof over my head, suffer no debilitating diseases, and unless you count my first marriage, have not overcome any unusual hardships. I am ordinary, thus unsung. I assume I will remain so. This bugs the hell out of me, because I feel so extraordinary much of the time.

For example, I seem to be the only person who refuses to say "at this point in time," believing it means nothing more than saying "now," or even "at this point." I have never said and will never say "It is what it is." That is just plain dumb, yet very popular. Even some people I am married to say it in earnest and not in jest, like it actually adds something to the conversation.

I do not want to remain unsung, but I also do not want anything bad, or even good, to happen to me to make me famous. In fact, the thought of becoming famous for anything at all is appalling. Still, I hate being average. Even more annoying, I'm pretty sure everyone feels this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...