Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Everyone Can Use a Little Help

This morning I saw my shrink, who is not really a shrink but a cognitive therapist with an LCSW degree. She was very helpful years ago when I was in the middle of a crisis I now forget, so I have continued seeing her since I don't know anyone mentally healthier than myself who would listen to my complaining for free. Then there is my acupuncturist who has done wonders in just a few weeks in getting my internal organs back on track, including lowering my blood pressure and avoiding a stroke by doing something with my energy levels I don't pretend to understand. Besides seeing him, I recently added a weekly double dose of yoga to help control my anxiety, stretch my muscles, increase my core strength and get more in touch with my body.

I have assembled this team of experts at considerable cost to counteract the craziness that goes on all around me and over which I have no control. I'd say they are all doing a pretty good job since I'm still functioning while many others, far younger, have already kicked the bucket, some by their own hand.

A larger team will surely become necessary if Donald Trump becomes president in 2016, which I can now see happening since the very fact that he is running and with a strong following seemed impossible in the past. Even if he loses and some other joker wins, based on those running at the moment I'm pretty sure I will have to expand my payroll considerably. These days, even on a beautiful one like today, the road is filled with dangerous land mines. You simply can't go it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...