Sunday, April 5, 2015

Waiting for Spring

My friend Carrie, who lives in southern Maryland, keeps posting cheery photos of blooming flowers on her Facebook page. While I love Carrie and I love her photos, of daffodils and crocus and even other things, to be honest I am sick of seeing them since where I am, which is right now 90 miles north of New York City, it is snowing. Yes, it is snowing. On Easter. There are no bunnies in our yard, since they are likely holed up inside the barn under some straw, shivering.

Okay, so it's not a blizzard and will not pile up into high drifts. I will not be making a snowman later. Still, it is snowing and has been for several hours. It's quite cold and I am wearing two scarves and my quilted down parka inside my house, despite having the heat turned on and two space heaters as well. Just when is this global warming thing supposed to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...