Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Eyes Have It

Weeks ago I ordered and paid for a pair of eyeglasses from the Yarmouth location of a business called Maine Optometry. I need them bad because ever since I had cataract surgery to fix my eyes (which never bothered me but supposedly would soon enough), I have not been able to see worth a damn.

It's been longer than promised and so I called to see what's taking so long and was told the frames were on back order, a piece of information I could have used when I chose them as I didn't like them all that much to begin with and would certainly have chosen another pair to get them sooner. But then they said they would be ready in a day or two and delivered by courier to the Brunswick location on Thursday (that's today) and would get to the Yarmouth store by courier on Friday, but I could drive over to Brunswick and get them if I were really desperate.

"You mean like if I want to see anything? In that case I'm really desperate."

So today I called the Brunswick office and they said they do not have the glasses because they never have a courier on Thursdays and what were those people in Yarmouth thinking. I asked when they might be getting them and they said tomorrow, maybe. Then I asked when they would get to the Yarmouth location and they said next Wednesday, explaining, "We don't have a courier every day."

"Yeah, but next Wednesday? Really? It's only like 15 miles."

"Unless we get them in later today, we'll call you and let you know."

"But you just said you never have a courier on Thursdays."

"Well they might come in the mail, we never know. Did you use your own frames? Because if you used your own frames they will come in the mail but if not, they will come by courier."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...