Saturday, April 11, 2015

Read It and Weep

I just read an essay on the op-ed page of today's Wall Street Journal that totally ruined my day. Maybe I can salvage some of it later, but right now is certainly shot. The title of the piece is "Paralyzed from the Neck Down," so you can just imagine how cheery it is. The writer, Anthony Weller, suffers from a debilitating form of progressive multiple sclerosis which started ten years ago. He is now unable to do anything with his body, but he can still think and talk, and then dictate his thoughts.

I won't say more since I don't want this essay to bum you out, but I will say that if you can scratch an itch, fry an egg, pet your dog, go for a walk, ride a bike, take a shower, make a phone call, scroll your Facebook page, or whatever, quit your damn bellyaching and get out there and live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...