Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter, I Suppose

Today is Easter. I am not sure what all the Christians are doing today, but I hear both ham and eggs are involved. All I know about the holiday for sure is that everything is closed, including shops of all type and supermarkets. Days like today I almost miss being in Maine since L. L. Bean is always open; at the very least you can get some snacks, not to mention a rifle or a kayak.

Organized religion has never been my thing. Ditto disorganized religion. I am just not what you would call a "group person." Especially when the groups in question tend to kill people who are not in their particular group, and let's face it, religious groups are pretty much famous for that.

Growing up in a Jewish household, there was little talk of God around our table. Mostly it was "please pass the kugel" and "those lousy Germans." So excuse me for having so little sympathy for those folks who believe they can contact God by going inside one of those buildings, which were built by regular people after all, that dot the countryside. Anyway, if you are one of those folks I hope today meets all your expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...