Friday, March 13, 2015

Speaking of Born to Run....

Springsteen in 2016? At least he was born in the USA.....
Last week one of my young friends on Facebook wrote the following post: "I was listening to the radio and heard this guy having a stroke. I look down at my radio and noticed its just Bruce Springsteen singing a verse from Born to Run." His comment got 23 Likes and the response, "When he or AC/DC comes on the radio I immediately change the station haha. Hilarious."

Ben is 27-ish and a great musician in his own right, and so are a few of his friends. I applaud their changing taste in music, especially since many in my generation still regard Springsteen as a GOD. Personally I was never a fan, preferring instead people who could actually sing, but my husband has always believed Bruce walks on water, and for all I know he might. Still, times have changed and the younger generation, with their tinnitus-free ears, see right through Springsteen's antics-- the rolled-up sleeves displaying the Popeye biceps and the blue-collar, tough guy attitude -- distracting from what is basically shouting and growling into the mike at close range. 

Is Springsteen truly great or has he become a joke? This disparity brings to mind today's political landscape, specifically the 2016 race for the White House. If only today's young voters would pay close attention and see past her act, recognizing Hillary for the has-been she now is, things would likely turn out better for all of us in the next election. But apparently the royal Clintons still have their ice-cold grip on the throats of all those non-thinking Democrats who "Baaaaaaa" their respect at every opportunity. 

Come on, people, it's time to change the station. Hillary for president? Haha. Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Big in Hong Kong

Rainy day in Hong Kong I have never been to Hong Kong, nor have I ever wanted to go. It seems very crowded, at least from all the photos I&#...