Thursday, October 30, 2014

I Read the News Today. Oh Boy.

You never know what's growing in there.
Yesterday I saw a movie about a marriage that was truly a horror story, wherein neither partner trusted the other or even liked them a little. She was scary and possibly could murder him in his sleep, and he was cheating on her and sort of scary himself. "It's just fiction," I told myself, laughing it off.

Then this morning over coffee I read the news about the decapitated woman whose dismembered body--not just the head but the shoulders and legs too -- was found in a small town in New York, and it turned out her own son was the one who did the deed. And after he did it he kicked her head around the street like a soccer ball, then jumped in front of an oncoming train. (I guess life without his mommy was not all that appealing.)

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have my head cut off by those ISIS folks than the babe I birthed, suckled and raised. But hey, that just might be the coffee talking.




1 comment:

  1. Debra, I read the news. I read papers, I watch TV, I read the Internet news. I like to know what is going on in the world. I do not know how many birds are flying in the sky, and often wonder why you bother with that "shit." The stories I read are in the mainstream of the news, I do not seek out esoteric erotica or weird stuff. I am a citizen of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...