Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Going in Circles


Needing to hang a sign outside my new art gallery or else nobody will know it's in there, I designed one. The next step is having it made by a sign manufacturer, who I know for a fact will definitely ask me how big I want it. Since  getting up on a really tall ladder myself and fooling around with a yardstick is not in this particular deck of cards, I had to ask someone else what size it should be. (I hate that.)

The landlord of the building said I could get the dimensions for the sign, which would hang in the space above the door, the only reasonable spot, from the Freeport Town Clerk. "She'll have to approve the sign anyway," he added. So first thing this morning I called the Town Clerk and over the next few hours left several messages, to no avail.

Finally, the day more than half gone, I called again and talked to someone who works for someone, and she said she got all my messages and was looking for the records of the last sign that was up there, but she needs to know the dimensions in order to find the paper work. "But I was calling to get the dimensions from you people," I said.

"Okay, well then just tell me how big it is," she replied.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...