Wednesday, June 11, 2014

No Wonder I'm Not Famous

Celebrity Kim Kardashian without makeup.
I have often wondered what sets celebrities apart from normal people, because surely they are not normal. I'm not talking about those with innate talent that awes us, like a Judy Garland or a Keith Jarrett or a Steven Spielberg or a Michael Jackson--or any of the hundreds of superstars who have rightly risen to the top--but of those dummies, many of whom have their own TV reality shows as if their lives are so important, who have done nothing of value to merit their fame. How do they get there?

Then today, reading that Kim Kardashian underwent a $5,000 toe liposuction procedure so that she could fit into a pair of stylish stilettos for her recent wedding to rapper Kanye West, I finally understood: They are mentally ill, brain-damaged, narcissistic morons lacking common sense or self-respect who will do anything to appear better than they are. Now I get it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...