Friday, June 13, 2014

Look Beyond Surgery

I have recently started, or actually re-started since I did it about six years ago back in D.C. but then we moved, to work with a Feldenkrais practitioner. Instead of getting a new hip installed by a surgeon, costing me and the health care system many thousands of dollars and losing out on several months of my normal life, I'm working with a woman to enhance the function of the bones I was born with. She charges a whole lot less and it seems to be working: I have no pain and I won't set off any alarms at airport security. I'm also taller.

Surgery is so popular with my generation, mostly because it's the easy way out, except for all the horror. I just don't get it, when there are other options. Learn about Feldenkrais. Getting in touch with your inner skeleton just might work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...