Sunday, June 8, 2014

Hide Your Daughters

According to today's New York Times, the absolute only person fit to run our country, after the current person who was deemed fit finally (mercifully, thankfully) leaves office in 2016, is Hillary Clinton. Apparently she's "iconic." (Don't get me started, but suffice it to say that I am among those who still wonder why she sent her assistant, Maggie Williams, into her office to retrieve papers the night her pal Vince Foster was found dead in a muddy park of an apparent suicide except there was no dirt on the bottom of his shoes and the gun was still in his hand.)

Call me madcap, but I can't believe that we, as a people, cannot come up with anybody to occupy the White House who doesn't come with a whole lot of baggage full of dirty laundry, a.k.a. her husband Bill.

The older he gets, the younger he likes them.
I asked my husband, quite well-versed in these matters, who he thinks would be a good leader, and he said without missing a beat, "Certainly not a politician--they are all scum." Then he rattled off his presidential wish list: Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, Howard Buffett (Warren's son) and Ray Romano. And yes, he is quite serious, in fact he's been talking up Oprah since the last election. Mitch explains that Oprah "could rally the troops," and that she "has her finger on the pulse of the nation," and that "people look up to her." He says that Gates and Buffett both "have business sense and horse sense," and that Romano "is funny."

I think Mitch should run because he is funny. He frequently takes his own pulse, has often been given the finger, and troops around the country for his job. Just shy of six feet, many people look up to him. But best of all, his spouse is not a known sexual predator. (Or unknown.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Big in Hong Kong

Rainy day in Hong Kong I have never been to Hong Kong, nor have I ever wanted to go. It seems very crowded, at least from all the photos I&#...