Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Who's In Charge Here?

This new girl, Trixie, is just one more in a string of personalities who occupy the space allotted to me this time around. She shares it with Andrea Rouda and Andrea Schamis and all those other ones who don't even have names but still have a vote. This situation cannot stand; from now on I am at least going to demand an ID card for voting, despite the fact that Obama doesn't think American citizens should be required to have one in order to elect our rulers. I guess I run a tighter ship than the S.S. United States of America.

I am certainly not unusual in this multiple-personality thing; everyone's got a few, and the more the merrier, as they say. We excuse someone's odd behavior by saying, "he's not himself today," when really he is quite himself, just a different one, and maybe one we have yet to meet. If we all handed out business cards that listed our different selves, then people would know who or what to expect over the course of a relationship with us. That would take care of a lot of unnecessary conflicts and surely lower the divorce rate by lowering the marriage rate in the first place.

While I have learned to live in harmony with all my different "ones," still I wish someone would take command of meal planning, as I often find myself stuck with a mouthful of food I don't want and have to spit it down the garbage disposal. That's quite wasteful in these lean economic times, and also sort of disgusting.

1 comment:

What, Me A Sex Object?

Hannah and her body, for all to see. Being a big fan of the TV series Ted Lasso, it was always tough to choose my favorite character, but I ...