Sunday, May 25, 2014

Thanks for the Memories

I altered my route on my daily walk this morning to traipse through the town cemetery. I figured it being Memorial Day weekend, which is a holiday that celebrates dead soldiers who died while trying to kill total strangers--little to be proud of if you ask me--it was the least I could do, literally. I stopped at several of the graves with American flags stuck in the ground near their tombstone, signifying someone dead who had served in the military. You didn't have to die fighting, just as long as you served and then you died. It could have been a natural death in your sleep, or in a violent car crash, or a shooting in a convenience store, or a train derailment; whatever, if you wore a uniform and now you're sleeping with the fishes, this is your day.

Outside of that, my Memorial Day celebration will be limited to not having our garbage picked up tomorrow. I would watch a war movie tonight but I'm a pacifist, and besides, the 20-year anniversary of the OJ Simpson trial is the subject of a TV special starring Geraldo Rivera airing this evening. Don't you want to see how they all turned out?

Marcia Clark looks younger than springtime, and she definitely straightened that crazy, curly hair. Mark Fuhrman is still very handsome and sort of Botoxy, with those grey temples that are so attractive, although he says the OJ case destroyed his entire life. Too bad Johny Cochran is dead, because he put on quite a show, but hopefully Kato Kaelen will show up, and Nicole's sister is quite a pistol.

Check your local listings, and have a happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...