Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What Really Matters

How would we feel if we didn't know what was happening in the rest of the world? Better, I suspect. So for just one day I am going on a news diet. No more bombings or tornadoes or sinking ferries or missing airliners, just one of my cats threw up on the oriental carpet and it looks like the clematis from last spring is returning. After all, knowing about all that other stuff serves no purpose other than cocktail party chit-chat, and here in Maine there is no such thing as a cocktail party.

What is relevant news is that the Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster crab shack and lobster pound is re-opening for the season on May 2. They also have some incredible fried onion rings. Get there before the crowds.


2 comments:

  1. Hey that's the place where you took me for lobster rolls! Let's go again. I am with you on the news diet, though I just finished reading the Salt Lake Tribune...takes about 20 minutes. Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...