Friday, April 18, 2014

What Flavor Are You?


I was glad to spot a 6-pack of certified organic jumbo duck eggs at my local trendy, all-natural, politically correct, smug food market yesterday, and quickly snatched them up. They're not always available, and I was looking forward to their extra-creamy, buttery, better-than-chicken-eggs flavor. As I was waited to check out, a Chinese woman behind me asked, "What do you do with duck eggs?" Wondering what else one might do with duck eggs, I said, in that questioning, Valley-girl way, "Eat them?"

The lady flashed a look of surprise, then explained that she had eaten them often as a child in her native country but had always found them to taste "too fishy." I know ducks hang out in the water and eat a lot of fish, but I've never found duck eggs to taste like anything but eggs. Heck, they don't even taste like duck.

That got me wondering if humans from the New England area would also taste too fishy, if people from New Jersey would taste like pizza, and so on. After considerable thought, I decided that I would taste like coffee and Chianti, not a bad combo if you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...