Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dead Facebookers

While there are a few things about death that worry me, none seem quite as creepy as still having a Facebook page after I have been cremated or stuck whole in the ground, my soul or spirit or chi or Qi or whatever the heck it is flitting around out there without access to a computer and definitely without fingers even if I happened upon a computer. And yet there I be, on Facebook, with regular status updates (still dead; sorry I haven't called; this place sucks; wish you were here) dutifully posted by my surviving family members. And even a different profile picture every so often--all old ones from when I was alive since new ones are out of the question. This is one of the unseemly practices Facebook should prohibit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...