Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tears On My Pillow

Whatever problems we may have, eventually a new one comes along and commandeers the top spot. For me this happened nine days ago when I fell on the ice and cracked my ribs. Since then, in severe pain and unable to move in any complicated way, a secondary problem has evolved which is weight gain from lack of exercise. Throw in a few snowstorms and some zero-degree weather, and my current situation sucks so loud you can hear it. Because of this, these days my tears are all for me. As for the rest of you--homeless, jobless, friendless, infirm-- take a number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...