Friday, August 23, 2013

Thank You for Being a Friend

One of the best things about being human is the fact that we are born in possession of a huge array of emotions. These translate into "feelings," the outward expression of which skitter across our faces every second of our lives. Some people can hide them; these people are known as "poker-faced" or "con artists." Alas, I am not one of those, and so everything I am thinking and feeling shows. For this reason I have very few friends, since I am quite picky and only truly like people who are considerate, intelligent, funny and interested in personal growth. Also, they have to "get me." Naturally, it's slim pickin's out there...

There was a time when I had scores of friends, many of whom did not meet my standards, and thus many of whom I did not really like--heck, I was even married to one once. But I was never alone, and so hardly ever had to confront my inner demons. This makes for a happy life, if you can pull it off. But the older I get the less I can settle, and so these days I am often alone. On the plus side, I really do like my friends. One of my very favorites is coming to visit soon, and I am quite excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...