Monday, August 19, 2013

Falling Apart at the Seams

I want a face lift. I also want a boob job and a neck reduction or whatever it's called. An eye job would be nice too, and maybe while they are lifting my lids, they could cut the cornea and do the laser thing so I could also see without glasses. I have a few varicose veins on my otherwise great legs, but still I find them unsightly so I don't wear shorts, which is a shame. But the rest of me is drooping and nothing is anywhere near where it started out, and it's a bummer.

I got to thinking all this today during my quarterly periodontal appointment where I go to keep my gums from receding up into my brain or down into my throat. Today I got a pat on the head for doing good home care, since some of my formerly "deep pockets" are now less so. Still, the dentist admitted that we all fall apart eventually, and since he is a few years my junior he  looks to me as sort of a role model, and that I am holding it together pretty well. That was the best part of my day.

After that I went to get a haircut and endured the idle chatter with the stylist----she got a bunny since I saw her last, so she talked about that today instead of her chickens. It was a nice change of pace; the chickens and the coop and the eggs were kind of played. Also, she gives a great haircut, so I just shut up and take whatever she dishes out. At least when you get a face lift and an eye job you are out cold--no chitchat required. I may find the nerve to go forward and if I do, I will certainly document every last stitch. It sure seems like a lot more fun than getting a new hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...