Friday, June 21, 2013

Not Everyone Booms

Believe it or not, there is yet another new website aimed at us poor aging baby boomers. This one is called Purple Clover, whatever the heck that means. I read just as much of it as I could stand on the opening page, and got the idea. Apparently, what we see in the mirror aside, we are not old, we are in the prime of life! In fact, we all feel great, maybe even better than ever, so stop calling us old!

Oh yeah? Well tell that to all my fat friends in their fifties and sixties with their artificial knees and hips, on blood thinners and diabetes medication, who can barely get out of bed in the morning without first downing a mouthful of ibuprofen with a Miralax chaser. Personally, I just turned 67 and most days I feel just about  67. My son tells me I don't look or act nearly as old as some of the other parents he knows, and that makes me happy--but then, I smoke pot and that helps me relate to his generation. If I didn't, I'd be just as crabby as all the rest of them. Also, I still have all my original body parts, although honestly they are getting kind of worn out. All in all, I'd rather be 35.

What we need is a baby boomer website that tells the truth, so people in that demographic who are not exactly booming won't feel so ashamed. And let's remember, aging is not optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hell In New York City

Jew-hater. The fat, ugly woman pictured above -- and yes she is fat and yes she is ugly -- is also an ignorant, Jew-hating racist. She was s...