Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's Time for a Change

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to drive traffic to my blog, in the hope it will be discovered by somebody who then wants to let me write a column in some published venture that still earns money, in turn giving me some money. To that end, I think I must change the name--after all, what the heck is Roto-Rouda? It means nothing to anyone who did not grow up listening to ads for Roto-Rooter, which is a plumbing company that snakes out drains. And even if you know that, what does that have to with anything? Just because my last name, taken at marriage by the way, is Rouda, and because I thought it would be funny to name my daughter--but I had a son--Rhoda, so her name could be Rhoda Rouda? It's dumb, I tell you. Dumb.

So starting tomorrow this blog will have a new name, and in fact might have a new one every day from now on. My husband says that is the stupidest thing I could do since nobody could ever find it if I keep changing the name. But hey, I'm sort of dumb when it comes to business savvy, a fact already established in the preceding paragraph. Here are some of the names I am considering:

Lose Weight Eating All You Want
When Cupcakes Kill
Nobody Misses Keith Olbermann
Sex Is So Old Hat
This is Not Wine Spectator
A Critical Eye
Funny & Serious Too
Cooking With Avocados
As Long As You've Got Your Health
Cats in the Belfry
You'll Be Dead Eventually, So Make Today Count
Bitchy Lady Blog

That last one was suggested by my son, who says he means it in the best sense possible. Anyway, starting tomorrow I will go with one of the above. I am hoping I might get some feedback from readers today as to what they like best, otherwise, I'll just print out the list and pin it up on the wall and throw a dart and use the one it hits. Now I have to go get some darts.




3 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog on an almost daily basis for a year and a half. I enjoy your style, and for a while, enjoyed your whit. But I've been seriously debating with myself as to unbookmarking (thank you internet for new word. :-p ) your blog because your son's suggestion is pretty spot on. The majority of your posts are cynical and well suited for an op-ed on FoxNews.com.

    Of course, it would be a shame for you to waste your talent on rainbows, butterflies, and unicorns. That kind of sentiment gets equally boring.

    May be time for a blog shake up of some kind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I do love the current title and tag line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember dear abby? Dear Andrea column would be great.

    ReplyDelete

Mixed Reviews: Poor Things

Last week the televised Academy Awards came and went and I never noticed. But I did hear about the winners the next day, and once again I sh...