Tuesday, May 28, 2013

On the Road Again

In the car. How odd is that? Mitch is driving, of course too close to the car ahead.  Mitch thinks I should try harder to stifle my screams. Passing a truck, I hate that. I think 18-wheelers should be outlawed, end of story.

A few minutes ago we saw a cop pull over a speeder, which is why he did not see us going 80. Then we passed a car with the bumper sticker: HONK IF YOU DON'T EXIST. What does that even mean? Of course, Mitch honked repeatedly, and then she smiled as we passed by and waved, so she knew for sure we do exist.

Our E-Z Pass thing didn't work, and we went through and it was still red, so we backed up and had to get some special ticket from the toll clerk and then do something else at the next toll so we would not be charged.

Up ahead is one of those trucks that have lots of cars strapped on them, for transport. Those are the worst to be behind. Imagine the scene if one of those had an accident, suddenly you're in a 10-car pile-up.

I wish I had some Twizzlers or Chuckles but I don't eat those anymore.  More than two more hours of this. Oy.

Normally I take pictures out the car window on long trips like this, but my camera is broken, actually it was broken by Mitch--it was an accident but still it's broken, and he did it, sue me--but since my computer works I am blogging instead. (Idle hands are the Devil's workshop.)

1 comment:

  1. a little surprised you travel on memorial day weekend. rhinebeck? I hope it was so beautiful that you decided against selling.....

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...