Monday, May 20, 2013

30 Days to a New Me....I Hope

Okay, it's time to take the bull by the horns--not that I have a bull, or even if I did, that I would ever take it by the horns, which seems like a really crazy thing to do. What I mean is it's time to get cracking, although I'm not sure what and why cracking it would be good. Okay, it's time to get on the stick--what stick, don't ask me. No wonder it's so hard for immigrants to learn our language. Anyway, it's time to get serious about losing the excess poundage that has made itself quite at home in my body over the last few months, making it harder for me to feel comfortable in my own skin, seeing as it is stretched way too tight.

Starting today, Mitch and I are committing to something called The Whole 30, which is a good-food, healthy eating plan that will also shrink us down to fighting weight. It has been years since I tried a weight-loss "program," but desperate times call for desperate measures. It sounds easy enough, except for no alcohol for the next thirty days, so you can expect my blog posts to be crankier than usual.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...