Monday, April 22, 2013

Print Is So Last Week

As a former magazine and newspaper art director, writer and illustrator, I have long bemoaned the coming obsolescence of print media. But guess what--it's no longer coming, it's here. The indisputable evidence arrived in my mail today in the form of The Week, a periodical that promises to deliver "All You Need to Know About Everything That Matters." The latest issue's cover photo is of several bloodied spectators at the scene of the Boston Marathon bombings (yawn), and carries the headline: Who did this? It goes on: "As a shocked city grieves, investigators hunt for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. But the funniest part is that the magazine is dated April 26, 2013, which is four days from today. Apparently they are quite confident that they're ahead of the curve. I can only hope that amid all the heads rolling around their editorial offices, someone notices my subscription cancellation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...