Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Bad Mood

How many times is someone going to call out George W. Bush for his allegedly poor elocution? It's tiring, inane, sophomoric and just plain stupid.  Yet in a supposed health column on Huffington Post about the flu, some know-nothing loser with a medical degree and a column has tacked on some crap at the end about Bush needing English lessons. I mean really Dr. Katz, here we are at the doorway of 2013 and Bush was last heard from in 2008; can't you find some new material?

"Do ya think I'm sexy?" (I was born in 1929.)
Barbara Walters, who has done little of merit other than fuel one of Gilda Radner's funniest SNL bits as Babwa Wawa, is 83 years old. Still, she goes for the glamor girl look on her inane TV show, with her face lifted to the sky and showing plenty of leg. It makes me nauseous. Get over it already, lady--you are old and should by now have accepted that nobody finds you sexy or desirable. (Her new Christmas card has made the news for a "suspicious glow" that some suspect was brought about by ingesting too much bubbly.)

There is Internet chatter about Michelle Obama running for a senate seat. Oy. So now all you have to do is marry a politician to be one? And just when I was so pleased that she has been out of the news lately.

It's raining here in Maine--a cold, driving, almost-winter rain. But I am going for a walk anyway, just to see if I can find one stray endorphin somewhere out there to salvage the rest of my day.


2 comments:

  1. Why does the media suck you in when you KNOW that it brings you down??? speaking of know....did you mean know-nothing? or is there a no-nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb! Thanks for catching that nasty error! There may be a no-nothing but I meant know-nothing!

    ReplyDelete

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...