Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Finishing Up

Remember all that stuff about how the Mayans predicted the world would end on December 21, 2012? It's been pretty quiet on that front of late. You would think since it's only 16 days from now there would be all sorts of last-minute messages and lists of how to prepare and not so much stuff about shopping for Christmas. I did a little checking and found that, according to NASA and the U. S. government, it was all just a rumor and in fact the world will not end this month. Phew!

But let's say that today, they say it will. After all, they swore that Libya-Benghazi thing was sparked by a random YouTube video, but then it turned out to be a full-blown, well-planned terrorist attack, so what do they know, or rather, what do they tell us that's true? I mean, if I were running things, I would not come out and say, "Hey folks, funny thing-- turns out everything will end in a little more than two weeks, so go crazy!" Would you?

If it does end on December 21, I will be quite annoyed that I have not eaten more pizza and gotten myself a key lime pie from Two Fat Cats (incredible bakery in Portland, try it if you get here in time) and done more on that new painting I started. You might want to finish up a few things yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...