Tuesday, November 27, 2012

No Sympathy for These Devils

Ever since I first voted for George W. Bush in the year 2000, I have been on the defensive about politics. This is nutty and unfair; I like who I like and I can't help it. Although I hate war and am truly a textbook pacifist, I still like Bush: I believe he did his best and cares a lot about our country. I know so many people who hate him just because they are supposed to. A few are themselves losers and scofflaws who do little to further democracy in their personal lives, yet they decry Bush as a war-loving, maniacal fool because he has earned a lot of money and says "nucular" instead of "nuclear." And since I deem the man worthy of respect, along with other avowed conservatives like Ann Coulter and Mitt Romney, I'm similarly tarred by all those rabid lefties with their brains slammed shut.

I have tried so hard not to do this with people I know, but it's gotten to the point where I have to come out and declare my true feelings: Anyone who condones that unsavory troika of devilish TV talkers--Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and Ed Schultz--is surely a representative of the Devil as well. That being said, I can now happily turn my back on the world of politics, that roiling sewer of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...