Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

One of the ones that got away......
Besides the obvious, like my husband Mitch, I am thankful for:
electricity
running water
having talent
anesthesia
coffee
hot showers
butchers
refrigeration
gas for my car
my car
Chinese doctors
Lorazepam
the state of Maine
Jackson Browne
my dead shrink
high-school friends (Melva, Diane, Rick)
old other friends (Debra, Patsy, Diana, Ira, Greg)
my dentist, the Painless God of Novocain
the world's best vet, Dr. Louise
indoor plumbing
blood pressure meds
several dead relatives I miss (Melvin, Itcha Meyer, Harriet, Zack)
a few still living (Linda, Brian)

5 comments:

  1. never knew that was a painting of a turkey . . . but now that ya mention it . . .

    -- the obvious

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw andrea, i am so glad we met. Thank God for Zack and Sally who brought us together.
    Me? just birds. and coffee. and Fast Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget the Goshutes and HawkWatch and Maggie and Avery!

      Delete
  3. That is so nice ... I am grateful for you and our times in high school ... a lot of laughing and that was good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank YOU Andrea!
    jackie

    ReplyDelete

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz

It's hard to believe that what began in 2004 as an innocent tool intended for Harvard college boys to meet attractive coeds on campus ha...