Monday, October 8, 2012

Words With Goys

The popular online word game called Words With Friends has me in its clutches. I play fervently, daily, obsessively and to win, much to the dismay of my husband who says I need professional help. "Ha, you should talk," I tell him, "with your 50 burpees a day and your squats and leg lifts and whey protein shakes and your Paleo this and Paleo that!" That shuts him up pretty good. Anyway, there are so many worse addictions one could have, I consider myself lucky that this is mine. But that's besides the point--what I want to discuss is the hidden censor inside my computer who decided what words are acceptable and what words are verboten.

If I could meet that censor, I would punch him or her in the face. He/she has decided that these words are acceptable: hebe, yid and wop. On the other hand, these words are unacceptable and are rejected by the game: fag, slut and fop. Suspecting something was amiss, I looked everything up in the dictionary and found the following definitions:
1. Hebe: a Jew (Slang; disparaging and offensive)
2. Yid: a Jew (Slang; disparaging and offensive)
3. Wop: a member of a Latin people, especially an Italian (Slang; derogatory)
4. Fag: to fray or untie a rope; to tire or weary by labor; faggot (Slang; derogatory)
5. Slut: an immoral or dissolute woman; a prostitute
6. Fop: dandy; swell; dude

Speaking as a member of the Jewish faith, I feel the word police over at Words With Friends headquarters are unfairly slanted in favor of whores and gays and against kikes and guineas. Am I wrong?

1 comment:

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...