Saturday, October 6, 2012

What's So Great About Big Bird?

For some reason I cannot explain, many Republicans are embarrassed to admit their true feelings. I am one of them, and until last week's debate I too was shy about admitting my heartfelt endorsement of Romney. But now I can come out in the open and proclaim to the world, or at least the few people who read this blog: I love Mitt! He's a smart and experienced family man with stunning capabilities in many areas. The only skeleton in his closet is Bain Capital, where his "sin" was fulfilling his promise to those investors who gave him their money so he could earn them profits. He's handsome and quick-witted, with a wry sense of humor. What's not to love?

My hesitancy stems from the fact that most of my friends are unblinking devotees of the Democratic party, and thus I fear that they will A, like me less or B, feel  personally attacked when I say that Obama is little more than a silly fool. But now that the world saw that fool onstage--it is reported that 70 million people witnessed him stumbling and bumbling without an original thought in his head--I can stand proud and walk tall. I can say to my friends, hey, what the heck is wrong with you? How can you sign on for another four years of this guy? How are things going around here? What do you like about him?

Yesterday one such friend, who does read this blog and so she will know I mean her, and she will also know that I love her anyway, confessed that among other reasons she dislikes the way Romney parts his hair. When I pushed for more, she said she does not like the whole "Republican agenda."  If by that she means less government intrusion into my life, and less government spending on frivolities--like the millions on PBS so we can have Big Bird flouncing around delighting 2-year-olds, then guess what: I do.


2 comments:

  1. I have always thought that Big Bird was the weakness of Sesame Street. and, I add, Sesame Street is not the best thing about PBS. I also found Mitt Romney's threat and promise to cease funding to PBS insulting and without merit. PBS furnishes news and information commerical free, such as the News Hour, Washington Week, Frontline, Nature, MasterPiece Theater, Up Stairs Down Stairs, and Nova just to name a few. Placing PBS in the private sector, could cause a loss of its tax exempt status, more important cause it to become another, MSNBC, or Fox News.
    So on election day let us all give Mitt the Big Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to pay for all that free health care for all the deadbeats who don't work, we'll need that $450 million the government now gives to commercial-free television shows!

    ReplyDelete

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...