Saturday, October 13, 2012

Once More Into the Fray

I refuse to spend too much of my Saturday morning, with the fall leaves out my window beckoning me to go for a crunchy, chilly walk among them, reminding you all of the events leading up to the election of one young and relatively inexperienced and unknown newbie senator of mixed race four years ago. What I will say is that any criticism of that man in the years since is written off immediately as evidence of racism and hatred of African-Americans. This has gotten tiring to say the very least.

Currently I am engaged in a cyber-argument with my cyber-nephew Keith.  I call him that because although he is actually my nephew by marriage, we have never met outside of Facebook. I think the world of him, and consider him intelligent and fair-minded, one of the few outspoken members of both my husband's family of radical lefties and the Democratic party who I respect and admire. BUT-- and it's a big but--Keith is completely unable or perhaps merely unwilling to consider the possibility that race has played a part in the election of Barack Obama! I would like to state publicly that I will not be voting for Obama in spite of the fact that it is so cool and touchy-feely and good vibrations and aren't we all one big happy family over here in America to have a black president. I agree that it would be fabulous if we had one who knew what the heck he was doing, and hopefully we will someday. Obama ain't him--aight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Challenge to Katie Couric

Perky though she may be, or may have been in her younger days when she was paid to be, Katie Couric is no brainiac. Calling half of America ...