Tuesday, October 16, 2012

In This Corner...

You sort of wished they would just duke it out, and at one point it looked like it might happen, with the two of them circling around one another, talking through one another, and Candy the referee trying to get them to calm down and go back to their corners. Now that would have been some debate! But instead, it was the same old boring pablum and evasions that we have heard for the last year. The most amazing thing is how neither one answered any of the questions put to them. It went sort of like this:

Q. Being as specific as possible, and using examples from your past experience, please tell us exactly how you would create new jobs for those people who are unemployed today.

President Obama: My mother raised two kids and she had a job. My grandmother was smart as a whip, and she had a job too, and she knew Lily Ledbetter. Governor Romney shot down Lily Ledbetter. He doesn't want you to have jobs, he just wants to cut taxes for the rich and take away your contraception. You will have jobs too, all of you, if you vote for me and let me do what I want, instead of having to fight the Republicans in Congress all the time.

Governor Romney: I went to the Olympics and made it better. I know how to make jobs. This administration made less jobs than anyone since Harry Truman. I have a five-point plan, and I was a pastor in my church for ten years. Did I mention I was Governor of Massachusetts? And I don't want to take away your contraception, I just want to cut our deficit and I know how to do that. You know, I did it for the Olympics and I can do it again. Obama made gas prices double!

I was an undecided voter before tonight, but now I'm 100% clear on who can take America into the future with style, smarts and savvy: On election day, I'm writing in Candy Crowley.

1 comment:

  1. this is so precisely exactly what i heard and remember!

    ReplyDelete

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...