Sunday, September 9, 2012

Oy, Playing the Race Card


An interesting article in today's New York Times explains that Obama has the edge over Romney because of, among other attributes, connecting with minority voters through his chameleon-like ability to change his linguistic style to suit the audience, while Romney talks like a white guy regardless of who's listening. If you read between the lines--always the most interesting place to read--what that tells us is that Obama is a master of deceit and Romney is just plain honest. Anyway, the article infers that if one wants sympathy from one's listeners, one should mimic their speech patterns, or at least show them that you understand them and that you "get it."

Armed with that insight, I have decided that I will now aim to entice more Jews to my blog, since I can't successfully attract anyone else through my speech patterns. But oy, the Jews I know. I should live so long, if Mitt Romney--such a doll--wins the election, I will be kvelling. Not my mishpucka, but they should all just drop dead if they want that no-goodnik Obama to win. God forbid a million times, the economy will just get worse. (Oy, gut in himmel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...