Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I Have No Idea

One hears from time to time that America's students are falling way down in many areas, most notably science and math. Plainly put, our kids today are not only dumber than the Chinese, Asian and Indian kids, they're dumber than us grown-ups who were educated back when teachers were better teachers and schools were really good. I beg to differ. I know plenty of older folks with gaping holes in their heads, but nobody knows because nobody asks. For example, when was the last time you were tested on algebra, history or geography? In keeping with my new goal of admitting my ignorance, I will hereby prove it; the numbered map of America shown above will serve as my tool. Without further ado, I will list the numbers below and identify the states, or misidentify them as the case may be:

42. Washington
33. Oregon
31. California
43. South Dakota?
35. Duh
48. Duh
47. Colorado?
45. Idaho?
38. Utah
44. Colorado?
41. Minnesota? North Dakota?
39. Michigan?
40. Duh
37. Duh
34. Duh
46. Duh
28. Texas
18. Louisiana
25. Duh
24. Duh
29. Duh
32. Duh
30. Duh
21. Duh
27. Florida
23. Maine
14. Vermont
9. New Hampshire
6. Massachusetts
11. New York
2.  Pennsylvania

This is too hard, I am stopping now. How many do you know?

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha ha ha

    makes me want to hug and kiss you (and never ask you to check a map for me)

    ReplyDelete

A Dark Day At the Symphony

Yesterday I saw first-hand the blind ignorance of Mainers. Sure, there are smart Mainers, notably my dermatologist, my hip surgeon, my denti...