Sunday, August 5, 2012

Forward?

I'm sorry, but it seems to me that if you can afford the best ad agency in the country and have the best political minds on staff, you'd come up with a slogan that says more than one word, with a period. The President has chosen as his campaign slogan: "Forward." Saying "Forward" now as part of his re-election effort implies that he has not been going forward all those years before now, which is quite disappointing to me as a citizen. He might as well say, "No More Treading Water" or "Promising Progress Next Time." That would at least be honest. And besides, I want a leader who is promising more than just going forward....Jesus, I can do that by myself! I want someone who thinks bigger, with a slogan along the lines of "Vote for Me and Get Thinner" or maybe "To Infinity--And Beyond!" I mean, he does get all those perks.


2 comments:

  1. well, you know, it is better than backwards.

    Incidentally, i think that is the point . . . he is trying to make the republicans seem like a step back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked his old slogan, "Yes We Can".....what's wrong with using it again?

    ReplyDelete

I Believe In Yesterday

This morning I spent some time reading my old blog posts. Much to my amazement, they were much funnier than the ones I have been writing rec...