Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Don't Ask Me!

I have just spent four days with someone whose genetic makeup combined with her childhood experiences now require her to be right about everything all the time. It's been exhausting. As a result, my new personal goal is to be wrong about everything. Starting now, I will proudly assert my stupidity, ignorance and total cluelessness about politics, religion, the economy, international relations and anything else that might come up in a conversation between stodgy and didactic adults. I will pretend to know nothing even when I know something. I will play dumb when it comes to the upcoming election. This will be such a relief, since I really am dumb about the upcoming election.

For some people, being right is the most important thing there is. They have to be right about everything, and if they are proven wrong, all hell breaks loose until they find a way to justify their inadequacy. I don't get it--what's so wrong with being wrong, at least some of the time? Why does everyone have to be so smart? This question is just the tip of the iceberg, which consists of the following two gigantic questions:
1. Why do we have to be "happy" all the time?
2. How are we supposed to learn anything if we can't admit we don't know it yet?

From now on, when anyone asks me a question I will give the following answer: "I have no idea." That should cut way down on arguments and, in the long run, help lower my blood pressure.


2 comments:

  1. you are so right . . . about everything ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow mitch, just reading your comment, I couldn't get my eyes off the date and time.....22,2012,2:12......mmmmmm......what does this mean?

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...