Thursday, August 9, 2012

Blaming Mitt

That dead lady's husband in the anti-Romney ad has it exactly right: Mitt doesn't care! As he explains in the commercial, which Obama knew nothing about of course since he surely never turns on the TV, the guy's wife died-- okay so she got cancer four years after he lost his job because the steel plant where he worked was losing money and the decision was made to close it, but still--you'd think they would have kept it open just so people could get health insurance. But no-- Romney closed it, out of some misguided allegiance to the investors of Bain Capital where he worked as CEO. Heartless! And now I understand it all too well, because I have recently put on five stubborn pounds and it's all Mitt Romney's fault.

During his years at Bain Capital, Romney also invested in Dunkin' Donuts, Burger King and Domino's Pizza. I have eaten at all those places, all too often in fact, and in the course of doing so I am certain my fat cells grew exponentially. Plus, here in New England there is a Dunkin' Donuts like every few blocks--there is one just 1.3 miles from my house!-- and while I usually only get coffee I have been known to break down and get a glazed stick, or sometimes a plain old-fashioned. Believe me, those just get my carb-cravings started, and before I know it I am eating badly for the rest of the day. But does Mitt care? I am sure he doesn't care one whit that my favorite jeans are now so tight they seem to be cutting off my circulation, or that the little black cocktail dress I bought last winter is now too little.

At least Michelle Obama got potatoes off the menu at elementary schools, or tried. (Screw those potato farmers, they should grow spinach instead.) Thanks for nothing, Mitt!

3 comments:

  1. i want to blame mitt for Staples . . . Staples has conspired to make the cost of printer ink outrageously high. They are anti-competitive (somehow) and should be stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it is his fault! Obama would never do such a thing, in fact he would give the stuff away to the poor and disadvantaged. That Mitt!

      Delete
  2. but that wouldn't help mitch get his printer ink any cheaper.....

    ReplyDelete

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...