Sunday, July 15, 2012

Won't Somebody Make Them Stop?

If you are anything like me, you wonder how celebrities, like Bill Maher and similar foul-mouthed pundits on the late-night circuit, get away with what they get away with, when all of us little people are taken to task for the slightest things. For example, Barack Obama, our current Commander in Chief who you'd think would be above such things, is constantly jawing about how Mitt Romney screwed up when he was working at Bain Capital so many years ago, instead of revealing what he will do to help the country prosper in his second term. And Mitt Romney keeps blabbing about all the mistakes Obama has made instead of concentrating on how he will avoid making them himself.

But what really pisses me off is if you search my name online, all you find is that trash fallout from a blog post I wrote years ago. This has caused me no end of troubles, most especially in the finding-work department. Future employers see that stuff and burn my resume. It's like the time my purse was stolen in Macy's and the thieves got my credit cards and checking account number and driver's license, and my life took a three-year nosedive while I tried to clear up my credit.

All I said was, please, won't somebody make him stop. I say the same now about Obama and Romney. 


2 comments:

  1. Do you know for sure this happens to you? Or do you assume it does? What kinds of jobs are you talking about? I wonder if there's a strategy for turning that around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, freelance editorial jobs, writing and copy editing. There is a website called Reputation.com wherein you can pay to have your "online reputation" cleaned up. I may have to go there...

      Delete

Bring On the Tear Gas

On October 12, 1969, knowing next to nothing about the situation, I accompanied three college friends to a demonstration. It was the first o...