Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What To Say Instead of the Truth


I can't talk right now, I'll call you tomorrow.
I'll fax it in the morning.
I'm dieting.
I just ate.
I think I have the flu.
My kid has the measles.
My kid has a game.
My phone's out of juice.
There's no cell service.
I have another call.
My dog just died.
My cat is sick.
I'm fasting.
It's a Jewish holiday.
I have to work.
My car won't start.
It's supposed to rain.
My son is visiting.
Our taxes are due.
I lost my wallet.
My daughter is depressed.
I have a doctor's appointment.
I have a dentist appointment.
My grandmother is sick.
We got a new puppy.
We're watching our grandchildren.
My husband needs me to fax something.
Our taxes are overdue.
My Internet was down all day.
My computer is broken.
My email account was hacked.
I left my wallet home.
I wish I could but I have a previous engagement.
Too bad, we're out of town that weekend.
We already have tickets to something else that same night!
I'm allergic to lobster or I'd be there for sure.
I'm really hung over.
I don't drink.
You look great.
I'm an idiot, I totally forgot!
Have you lost weight?
My car has a flat tire.
My battery just died.
I already saw it, but you go, it's great.
I have a migraine.
I just had a root canal.
I just got my period.
I think I might be pregnant.
I'm in the middle of painting my bedroom.
We're in the middle of renovating the bathroom.
Our basement is totally flooded.
I feel like I should stay home.
I'm waiting for the cable guy.
I spent all night in the bathroom.
I spent all night in the ER.
I didn't sleep a wink.
I'll call you next week.
Let's talk in a few days.
Call me when you get back, we'll make it work.

2 comments:

  1. love this list. How many of those have been used on you? I mean, I never lie & say those things, but I should learn to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debo: They have ALL been used on me, that's where I got them!
      I have also been know to use some of them myself, but only back at the folks who lied to me to begin with! (not YOU of course....)

      Delete

My Challenge to Katie Couric

Perky though she may be, or may have been in her younger days when she was paid to be, Katie Couric is no brainiac. Calling half of America ...